- Make a title that describes your entire post. Also, make sure that your main keywords are present in the post title.
- A visitor who comes to our site will deicdes to read a post or not just by reading the title of the post. So if you dont create attractive titles, you may loose readers to your posts.
- Create unique titles for each post.
Your title can be lengthy or short. But if it is lengthy, google will display only a half part of that. So try to make a short title as far as possible.
- Dont stuff too many keywords or unneeded keyowrds in your title.
2)Meta Descriptions: Making use of meta description tags also helps in seo because Google might use them as snippets for our pages.
Many people don’t know that URL also plays an important role in on-page seo. If the user query words matches with the words present in our post url, then there is chance for our post to appear in google search results page. In blogger platform, whenever we write a post, the URL will be generated automatically by the title which we kept. Only the first half part of the title will be taken into url. So we may miss any important keywords in that automatically generated url. So thats why we have to make use of Custom Permalink feature when you write posts, as url also helps your post to get indexed in search results. Also see – How to use ‘Custom Permalink’ feature in blogger for On-Page SEO. 4) Image Optimization: You should also optimize the images which you upload in the post. Here are few things to optimize images for seo to increase blog traffic.
- Using keywords in image name. For example, you have downloaded an image from web, the default name will be given as Image1.jpg. So if you want to upload that image into your blog post, then instead of uploading it directly, change the default name to the keyword name of your post and then upload it. If I upload any picture in this para, then my image name will be image-optimization-seo.jpg.
- Using Title Tag and Alt Tag. Title tag and Alt tag works as description for your images. So whenever you upload any images into a post, fill these title tags and alt tags with keywords of that particular post.
For example, I’m writing a post about how to secure facebook account, I have uploaded a picture regarding Login notifications, so see how I’m using the title tag and alt tag for that picture,
- Using watermarks on your images, so that people wont copy your images. Just like I’m using tricks99.com on my images in my blog posts.
5)Content: Here comes the major part. Content really matters a lot for your blog’s success. Google loves unique, fresh content. So always try to write 100% unique content on your own which will help you to get indexed in top results of the search pages. Page rank of your site will also get increased if your site has unique, quality articles. Mostly google crawls first and second paras only. So make sure that the post keywords are present in those first 2 paras. Also, dont stuff too many keywords ‘coz it is against the rule. Your posts can be considered as spam if you have too many keywords. So always try to be genuine. Try to write posts containing 500+ words for better seo results. Also you must notice that, google adsense will be approved for the sites only who have quality and unique contents. Never try to copy, scrap any articles from other sites. Google will never approve adsense for the sites having duplicate contents. Also, never copy images from other sites. If you want to copy any image from other sites, then mention the image credits. Make sure that you don’t commit gramitical mistakes while writing a post. Some other important tips for your blog’s success:
- If you are a beginner, make a XML sitemap for your site and submit that sitemap to google by webmaster tools. This sitemap helps google search engine to discover the pages on your site. So according to my opinion, you should definetely submit a sitemap for search engine to crawl pages on your site.
- Never do any black hat seo techniques because google is so strict against such activites. Your site may get banned by following such illegal techniques.
- Dont stuff too many keywords in the post or don’t repeat the keywords too many times ‘coz google may consider your page as spam.