The Followers Gadget has been integrated with Google Friend Connect. You can now add all the gadgets available in Google Friend Connect to your blog.
One of these is the Event Gadget. It shows information about any event you want to inform blog readers about. The description, time, location, map is included. Viewers can join the event and see who else has joined the event. See picture at left. Other gadgets like Members, Comment Wall and Social Bar gadget can also be added.
To add this and other such gadgets to blog follow these steps……..
ADDING THE EVENT GADGET :
1. Login at Blogger.com and check the Remember Me box while doing so.
2. Go to Google Friend Connect. You will see all your blogs listed in left sidebar under ‘Sites’.
3. Click your Blog Title and it will expand to show submenu below it.
4. Click on ‘Social gadgets’ link.
5. Click on ‘Event Gadget’ link.
6. Under Options select and choose the various options like Page, and fill in your Event’s Title and Description. Choose the start and end dates and the Timezone. Fill in the Location, address and Media URL which is link of the picture or logo of your event.
7. Choose the gadget’s size to fit your sidebar or you may have to increase blog width.
8. Lastly click Generate Code button.
9. Copy the code given and paste in a HTML gadget in your blog.
10. Similarly you can add any of the other gadgets available like Members gadget and Comment Wall gadget. You can see these gadgets in action at top of third column in this blog. The social Bar gadget is at the top of the blog.
Feel free to leave a comment for any concerns!